- Length: 56 ft
- Wingspan: 36 ft
- Wing Area: 410.07 ft2
- Instantaneous Turning Capability: 20°
- Sustained Turn Capability: 14°-16°/second
- Maximum Speed At Sea Level: 805 MPH
- Maximum Speed At 30,000 ft: 1,850 MPH (According to Novalogic's MIG-29 Fulcrum flight simulator)
- Maximum Range: 1,301 Miles
German Luftwaffe MiG-29s were also tested against US F-16 Fighting Falcon, in which the MiG's won the dogfight, because of the helmet sight system they used. Today, the F-15, F-18 and F-16 fleets are upgraded with the Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System, which when used by the F-15, let the F-15 defeat the MiG-29 in a real War theatre.
- The MiG 29 is equipped with a zero/zero ejection seat, which lets the pilot eject at zero speed, zero altitude safely.
- Both single seat variants and dual seat variants have been produced.
- The engines are left and right side peculiar, and are not interchangable.
- The prototype MiG 29's nose wheel is farther up on the plane, being located under the cockpit, as opposed to right behind it.
- Early production MiG 29's had ventral fins; these were later removed without stability loss.
- The MIG-29 is the competitor of the North American F-35.
- The Encyclopedia of Mordern Warplanes, Blitz Editions, Bill Gunston