- Length: 54 ft 8 in
- Wingspan: 21 ft 9 in
- Wing Area: 196.1 ft
- Maximum Speed: 1328 mph
- Rate of Climb: 48,000 ft/min
- The F-104 has a list of nicknames to go with it, including "Missile with a man in it", and "The Flying Coffin".
- Early models had a downward ejection seat, for fear that the seat would hit the tail of the plane at high speeds. when ejecting. However, this proved to be a liability at low altitude.
- The F-104 has been known to set world records concerning speed, altitude and rate of climb.
- The F-104 design was used as the basis of the experimental CL-1200/X-27, with a full size mock up constructed using stock F-104 components.
- (West) Germany
- United States
- F-104S ASA M